41. Become more flexible. Some things are worth not doing perfectly and some issues are well to compromise upon.
42 Eliminate destructive self-talk: ¨I´m too old to...,¨ ¨I´m too fat to...¨etc.
43. Use your weekend time for a change of pace. If your work week is slow and patterned, make sure there is action and time for spontaneity built into your weekends. If yours work week is fast-paced and full of people and deadlines, seek peace and solitude during your days off. Feel as if you aren´t accomplishing anything tangible at work ? Tackle a job on the weekend which you can finish to your satisfaction.
44. ¨Worry about the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.¨ That´s another way of saying: take care of the todays as best you can and the yesterdays and the tomorrows will take care of themselves.
45. Do one thing at a time. When you are with someone, be with that person and with no one or nothing else. When you are busy with a project, concentrate on doing that project and forget about everything else you have to do.
46. Allow yourself time - everyday - foor privacy, quiet, and introspection.
47. If an especially ¨unpleasant¨ task faces you, do it early in the day and get it over with. Then the rest of your day will be free of anxiety.
48. Learn to delegate responsibility to capable others.
49. Don´t forget to take a luch break. Try to get away from your desk or work area in body and mind, even if it´s just for 15 or 20 minutes.
50. Forget about counting to 10. Count to 1000 before doing something or saying anything that could make matters worse.
51 Have a forgiving view of events and people. Accept the fact that we live in an imperfect world.
52. Have an optimistic view of the world. Believe that most people are doing the best they can.
NATIONAL HEADACHE FOUNDATION